Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Happy Holidays!

I'm going to be taking a little holiday hiatus here at Erin Illustrates! until 2010, but before I do I wanted to wish you all the most colorful, energetic, and creative of holidays! Sorry I missed putting my dreidel drawing up earlier in the month for those who celebrate Hanukkah. It has been a whirlwind season and I'm sure many of you can relate.

One thing I find peaceful at this time of year is sitting in front of my Christmas tree. A cup of tea or cocoa and some time to just zone out on the lights, draw, cuddle with my kids, or read a book, always does me good. We're traveling this year and while I am away I hope to get some drawing done and put time into improving upon and expanding my illustration portfolio. I am slated to attend a "New Year's Resolution" Conference in January put on by my regional chapter of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators. I also plan on getting my portfolio reviewed by some esteemed illustrator members who will be there. I'm excited, but also a bit nervous for that! I've had the many incarnations of my design portfolio reviewed hundreds of times by teachers, renowned designers, employers, and clients. No biggie. But this feels different and takes me back to my days of standing in line with tons of aspiring teenage artists to have my work reviewed by college admissions counselors.

During this time off, I'll try to draw those jitters out and remember that any feedback I get will undoubtedly be helpful in my quest for publication. I hope all of you have a delightful holiday season as well. And I promise, really promise myself, that next year's season will be calmer and filled with even more of the true meaning of Christmas. Thank you for starting this journey with me this year and following my progress. I'm so emboldened and inspired by your comments and I am humbled by the amount of support I've received from you all. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I can't wait to see where we're all at this time next year!

1 comment:

  1. Just dropping by to wish you a happy holiday season and great 2010!

    ReplyDelete